Whenever any Windows Feature Update released out to end users, many users reported various issues regarding Windows 10 features such as unable to download updates, low storage space, etc. But the actual problem is that many users have not enough space storage on their computer system. However, Reserved Storage feature will be available on Windows devices which comes with v1903 pre-installed and or those where 1903 was cleanly installed on the network. But here in this article, we guide you through the stepwise guide for how to turn on or off Reserved Storage features in Windows 10. These steps are pretty simple and understandable by everyone. The steps are discussed below.
Steps to Turn On or Off Reserved Storage Feature on Windows 10
According to Microsoft, the feature is turned on or off from the default settings that already installed with May 2019 Update, or later after doing the clean installation of the operating system. In order to check that if you have this feature enabled on your system or not. Follow the steps in the same manner as discussed below will help you in saving time and efforts. Here how to do it:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon to open settings window on the screen.
- Tap on the ‘System’ option.
- Choose the ‘Storage’ option.
- Hit the ‘Show more categories’ link.
- Choose ‘System & Reserved’ item option.
In case, if you didn’t find the ‘Reserved Storage’ feature, possibly as the device some limited space on the hard disk or it might not be a fresh or new install only if you have this feature enabled on your system and a user doesn’t want to use it. Learn how to turn it off:
Furthermore, there are things which you should know regarding Reserved Storage. If you turn off it, there might be higher chances that you cannot able to turn it on again. Therefore, if you selected the turn off Reserved Storage option, then one may need to use the Registry Editor. Follow the steps:
- Launch the ‘Registry Editor’ by pressing the Registry key icon.
- Type ‘regedit’ under the ‘Run Prompt’ field.
- Press the’ Enter’ key to continue the process.
- Now, navigate to the following command: “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ReserveManager”
- Then, double-press the ‘DWORD ShippedWithReserves’ option and set the value to 1.
- Restart the computer system, and finally, the Storage will not be shown on the screen.
- Finally, Microsoft releases out this as a feature which the user can easily turn on on demand.
Steps to Reduce Reserved Storage Size
Do you want to reduce the Reserved Storage? We provide you two simple methods for doing this. Follow the methods which are as follows:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Choose ‘Apps’ option.
- In the Apps option, choose ‘Apps & Features’ option.
- Choose ‘Manage Optional Feature’ from the ‘Apps & Features’ section.
- Now, click on the ‘Uninstall’ tab to uninstall all those features which you are not using.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ tab and open it by clicking on it.
- Choose ‘Time & Language’ option.
- Then, choose the ‘Language’ tab.
- After that, tap on the ‘Uninstall Language’ option and all their extension which are not in use.
Jay Cross is a trained office.com/setup expert who works with the development team with feedback from customers to make it to expectations. He lives in New York and In addition to his work, he also writes for his personal blog.