There are several social media websites and applications available on the web. Still, Instagram is one of the ideal ones to share your photos, videos, and thoughts via a simple post. Instagram posts, stories, and chat can be shared with your friends, family and those you’re following on the platform. However, there is also a grouping feature available where you and your several friends can stay connected in one conversation. But making a group on Instagram is not as easy as compared to other social media platforms like Facebook or WhatsApp.
If you wish to create an Instagram group, then this blog will help you create the group alongside some tips and tricks for using the Instagram group.
If you have not downloaded the Instagram application on your device, then download and install it first. Apple users can download and install it from the App Store while Android users can get it from the Google Play Store.
Remember that the browser version of Instagram does not support direct message. There are several reasons to make a group on the Instagram because Instagram commonly not show the hidden features in the personal chat for some hidden reason. You need to move through the group; here, you will find everything and easy to use.
How to Make an Instagram Group
Here are the steps on how to make an Instagram group:-
- Launch the Instagram application on your device.
- Hit on the Direct Message logo that appears on the top of your screen.
- Tap on the Create group icon that appears on the upper right of your screen.
- Here you see the suggested list of the people who are following you or followed by you.
- You can add the people by tapping ion the circle that appears on the right of the people profile.
- You can also find the people by searching in the search fields to add to your group.
- Once you add the user and then hit the chat icon that appears on the upper right corner on your screen.
- Now you need to send a message in the group as the group will not be created until you send a message.
- After sending the message, name the group as you like.
- Now other people will be notified about being added to the group.
Group Chat Settings on Instagram
Here are the steps on how you can add another member in your group:-
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Hit the Direct message.
- Choose the group chat that you wish to edit or adding to other peoples.
- Hit the Info option that appears on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Navigate to the Add people and tap on it.
- Now, you can freely add members any time you like.
Emily Johnson is a Microsoft product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emily has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.