Whenever you tap on your Apple Watch, you unintentionally infect it with surrounding germs. In your daily life, you touch and interacts too many things and various people which can easily make your hands infected and dirty then you use your Apple Watch with the same impure hands. Hence, it becomes essential to clean and disinfect your smartwatch regularly to fight with the ongoing pandemics. Your small mistakes can leave you infected and sick. Your Apple Watch is no doubt precious as well as sensitive we know that. Therefore we are providing a complete guide on how to clean and disinfect your Apple Watch without damaging it. Let’s go.
Here’s What You Need:
- A Soft Cotton Cloth
- Isopropyl Alcohol that has minimum 70% Alcohol and a cotton cloth to apply it
- Cotton Buds
- A washbasin with Hot Water
- A Toothbrush with Soft-Bristles (Not Mandatory)
- A Wooden Toothpick (Not Mandatory)
- We recommend using toothbrush or toothpick if your device has tough dirt or grime.
Step 1: Taking Apart the Band for Cleaning
Here are instructions to do this easily without doing a little damage:
- First and foremost remove the watch from your wrist.
- Then, make sure to hold it in a way that allows you to see its back clearly.
- On the upper and lower of the rear sensor, you will see two buttons.
- Press the upper button and then slide the adjoining band left and right while pulling it gently.
- If the band is not coming out, then make sure to press the button correctly and remove the strap with a little more effort.
- Hold down the button until the band comes out.
- Do the same with another band.
- Once both straps are removed, clean the bands with the Isopropyl Alcohol if it leather one. In case you are using the water-resistant bands then use the warm running water to wash them with gentle soap.
- The fabrics, metal and silicon bands can be washed with running water. Gently remove all dirt with your fingers. Use the toothpick or toothbrush if you find any tough stain or grim.
Step 2: Disinfecting Apple Watch Unit
- Now you have the unit to clean and as you have the band removed it will be easier to clean it. Use a clean and dampen cloth then clean the watch unit thoroughly gently.
- Make sure to remove and clean all dirt and grime from the unit. Give more attention to the areas where debris or germs can settle down, such as heart rate sensor.
- If your cloth can’t reach into some areas, then use the wooden toothpick or soft toothbrush to gently clean those areas too.
- Then head over to your washbasin and hold your device in the warm running water for at least a minute.
- Turn your watch around so the warm water can disinfect your device from every spot. Then turn off the water tap and dry the watch with a clean cotton cloth.
- Use the Alcohol to disinfect it thoroughly with a soft cotton cloth.
- Let the remaining alcohol to evaporate.
Step 3: Wear the Bands Back to Your Apple Watch
- First and foremost make sure everything is completely dry.
- Then position the bands to their corresponding sides to ensure everything is on the right place.
- Slide the bands’ connector back into their seating, and you will hear a click sound.
- Once both connectors are connected, you are good to go.
Emily Johnson is a Microsoft product expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emily has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.